8893 Fenner Road | Ludlow Falls, Ohio
This is a hip barn, hand constructed from wood in 1954, by a previous owner who had inherited the property from his parents, who may have been the original owners. He enlisted the help of his friends and neighbors who used their tractors to raise the materials for the structure. It has a bi-level loft with a slate roof, which was chosen because it would last longer than a conventional roof back in the 1050s. It was originally used as a cattle barn, and also has a corn crib, plus 2 grain bins. An elevator was used to take the hay up to the top level. The first level was built so the hay could be thrown down to the cows without having to get in with them. Milk cans were used as a base for the rafters, to keep them from moisture damage.
Located Northwest of Ludlow Falls. From St. Rt. 48 north of Ludlow Falls, take Fenner Rd. west to the intersection of Rangeline Rd. Property is located at intersection and can be viewed from both roads. There is a lane in front of barn which faces the quilt to use for parking.